Medical Appointment Transportation
Transportation is provided to and from VA Medical Facilities in Wade Park (WP), Parma, and the VA Outpatient Clinic in Sheffield Village. Availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis. A morning shuttle is available to Wade Park & Parma. Home pick-ups are provided for appointments at the VA Outpatient Clinic in Sheffield Village. Wheelchair-accessible transportation is available.
Wade Park & Parma Schedule*
|Departs LCVSO||7:15 a.m.(1)|
|Departs JFS||7:30 a.m.(1)|
|Departs Valor Home||7:45 a.m.(1)|
|Departs Elyria||8:00 a.m.(1)|
|Arrives W/P||9:15 a.m.(2)|
|Departs W/P||3:00 p.m.(3)|
|Arrives LCVSO||4:30 p.m.(3)|
*Shuttle times are not exact and depend on pick-up/drop-off of scheduled passengers. Shuttle may leave early or late. Please allow 20-30 minute lead time for multiple stops.
1May depart earlier if all scheduled passengers are present
2Approximate time, add 20-30 minutes if shuttle goes to Parma
3May depart/arrive earlier if all passengers are done with their appointments
Pick-Up & Drop-Off Locations
- All passengers must be ambulatory and able to get in and out of the van with the limited assistance of the driver.
- A caregiver, for the purpose of providing aid and attendance to the veteran, will be permitted to ride in the van with the veteran. Need for a caregiver must be authorized by the VA. Notice must be given at the time of reservation.
- Veterans must be ready to leave at the time scheduled for pick-up, the driver will not wait.
- Cancellations must be reported as soon as possible. 48 hours is preferred. 2 NO SHOWS, without calling this office will result in a 6-month suspension.
- Smoking, eating, and drinking are prohibited in a county vehicle.
- Passengers should not engage in any activity that would distract the driver from his duties.
- State law and county policy require all passengers without medical exemption must wear seatbelts any time the van is in motion.
- Please do not leave trash inside the van.
- The driver will not make any nonscheduled stops.
- The driver may refuse transportation to anyone he feels may cause disruptions in safe transportation.
- As a courtesy to others, passengers must maintain personal hygiene.
- TO SCHEDULE A RIDE CALL:
- Howard Hixon, U.S. Marine Corps
- Transportation Coordinator